Sunday, April 21, 2013

#ROW80 2ND QTR POST – Check In Sunday



My god. I can't believe that this is my first post for poor, lonely #ROW80. The newness has worn from our relationship; I can't deny that. What was once anticipated, as a small child anticipates Christmas, went through the drudge stage of “here's another blah #ROW80 post. Goals, shmoals,” to complete abandonment as my head was turned by wittier, more challenging challenges, ala A-to-Z blog challeng for 2013. “But it's only a month!” I told #ROW80. Cold silence was #ROW80's response.

Ever the fickle one, I tossed my head and went merrily on my way, writing about Beethoven, being Idle, Amusement, Vidkun Quisling (stretching there) and that last refuge of scoundrels, Runescape, an MMORPG, that at 57, I shouldn't even BE a gamer. Still, 95 year olds play the damn thing, so I'm safe.

At any rate, poor #ROW80 may not take me back on May 1st, and my lackluster, feeble attempt to make up and be as one again, will probably be seen for what it is; a “pity make up, until something better comes along.” There's a 90-day blogging challenge. Eww.

To prove that I am sincere, I've brought you flowers and everything, #ROW80, on this off-day Sunday-check in, free from blogging to A to Z. I'll see you in 10 days or so, #ROW80.




I'm shameless, is what I am...

5 comments:

Beth Camp said...

I'm here from ROW80 AND AtoZChallenge. Trust me, I sympathize with this dual commitment. Your shameless flowers and candy made me laugh BUT one of the strengths of ROW80 is that it is a 'round' of 80 days -- and you can jump right back in without guild (though even virtual chocolate looks good). Persevere! Enjoy the process! Hmmmn. Does virtual chocolate have calories???

Lee McAulay said...

But you're still writing. And we keep stopping by to say hello... :-)

ViolaFury said...

@Beth,

I know; total cheese and heartless, feckless female am I. I just couldn't think of anything else to write and this is the FIRST check in of any type that I've done. So, I thought of this. Glad you enjoyed! Thanks, Beth. Mary

ViolaFury said...

@Lee,

You're a gentleman and a scholar. I still think paranormal TV is a good fit for me. Since The Weekly World News and BatBoy went the way of the Do-Do bird that would be my career choice.

ViolaFury said...

@Beth?

Virtual chocolate doesn't have calories, just bytes.