Wednesday, April 3, 2013

BLOGGING FROM A TO Z APRIL 2013 – LETTER “C”



CLUE

As in I haven't a... As in what to write about. Words that begin with “C” abound, teem, jump and leap in my head. Beethoven must have taken what little inspiration I most recently acquired, out of my head. I only recently got it back, after catastrophes, chaos and crises, both large and small. My clues have to be writ large. I am that most literal of people; a horrible on or off type of person; binary in code.


I always, always lost. My go-to was "Miss Scarlett in the Drawing Room with the Race Car." Was there even a Race Car in this game? Or was that Monopoly?

I said more than I should have about Ludwig; windbag that I am. But I love him so as he is my Muse. Never fear, he is not my "M" word. I have a clueless and loving, adopted Chimera cat. I also tend to take more than my share of 270 degree turns. I like those dichotomies. Our Chimera cat is not a true Chimera; probably only a quartet, not an octet as I've been led to believe a true one is supposed to be to exist. Or, is she?


Venus, a true Chimera cat. She is her own twin.

I haven't a clue. I do have a cat, chaos, crisis on a semi-regular basis, but no longer do I use cat-gut strings on my viola. They were sheep-gut, actually, when I was in college, now, we have synthetic-core silver wound strings. But still, I have no clue. As a postscript, I remembered in my artless way later on, that my original "C" word was to be on compassion, which would have probably been much better. Although not as quixotic, it would have been longer. Win-win? I still have no clue.

9 comments:

Dani said...

Another cat person - yay! I'll try to post even though I can't see Captcha very well. I always turn mine off during challenges so I get some comments.

Paula said...

I love that cat picture!

Noree Cosper said...

Win. :) I used to lose at clue all the time as well. Love the post. Good luck on the A-Z challenge.

ViolaFury said...

Dani, Yes! I am a cat person. Computers and cats just seem to be a fit. They were in school and they were when I worked in IT and they were present when I worked for XBox. Cats rule, dogs drool and all that. Just kidding. Dogs are great. Please don't fear the capcha. I am legally blind. I thought I had turned it off and I will try to disable it. They are silly anyway. Thanks for stopping by.

ViolaFury said...

Paula, isn't Venus the coolest? Our kitty isn't quite as cool looking but her colors and the juxtaposition of her stripes suggest that future generations are headed in Venus' direction, although we had her spayed. There is a whole pool of these similar-colored and marked cats running around here where we live. I had never seen such markings before. I am a lousy picture taker. Being legally blind and now having some kind of movement disorder doesn't make for good photographs. I take a lot of paranormal-like stuff. Thanks for visiting, Paula. This is my first year and I'm loving this.

ViolaFury said...

Noree, Thank you so much. I didn't really have a whole lot of time to pull this together and I need to put something down for 2 posts tomorrow. Sometimes, seat of the pants stuff works. Sometimes, feh. It's great to meet new folks and see how new blogs are laid out and enjoy the writing. This is interesting and fun!

Unknown said...

I love cats. I love clues, and understand those days when you have none. I love your clueless comments in your post today. Would still love to hear what you have to say about compassion. Your cat is absolutely the most unique and beautiful cat I have ever seen.
Hugs,
Kathy

Jason "J-Ryze" Fonceca said...

Whoa... ViolaFury - this is awesome.

Love the stream of consciousness feel. Love that you were okay writing about Not Knowing what to write about. Love that I learned some subtle things about viola's :)

We've connected before, but somehow I didn't realize you had a blog! Very glad A-to-Z (re)introduced me!

And hey... you're likely a muse for others, just by mentioning the word 'compassion' ;)

Keep ryzin'!

ViolaFury said...

@RyzeOnline,

Thank you so much for the kind words. I know how busy you are and I read you when I get a chance. Compassion is one of those complex things that really isn't all that difficult to show, yet seems to be the most elusive of behaviors. Dunno why, but it is. I am okay with not knowing what to write about because this is like my 3rd career(?)in a way. I had 2 highly successful careers, as a violist and one as an IT engineer in several different capacities, support, development, training and deployment. So, I'm pretty comfortable with not having a clue, and doing bone-headed stunts, and having Parkinson's Disease and being legally blind and bipolar. How's that for having the Gods laugh? Anyway, if I am a muse or if I amuse, it's all good. I have a date with destiny on 6/6, D-Day, where I play the part of Gen. Eisenhower (I refuse to play Montgomery) at the Parkinson's Foundation Center of Excellence (I guess they're the Nazis-Joke) to see if it's really PD or is it Parkinson's Disease, or non-Parkinson's Disease, THAT is the question! Thanks for stopping by. I'll be by with tea!