Wednesday, April 1, 2020

#A-TO-Z-CHALLENGE 2020 – LETTER “A” ALLIE

Letter “A” is for “Allie”. Short for Allie Cat; a tuxedo rescue, we acquired at two months. My kitten Allie, aka “Kitten McGrabbyPaws” is something else. She's going to be one year old on the 29th of this month, and she's not the tiny kitten she was when we first brought her home, but she's the squirmiest, grabbiest kitten I've ever had. She's really the sweetest thing on earth, but not the brightest cat around. But that's okay. She knows what she needs to know to be a cat. She does try to be a person, on occasion however and this is when she's at her funniest.


Here is Allie being a ham, telling me I'm doing it wrong. Check out the fur on her hind feet. All the kittens have this fur, which we have dubbed the "tragedy of cat wool" for some idiotic reason.

It's generally when I'm trying to fold clothes, or walking across the floor. When I'm folding clothes, she'll stand up on her hind legs and try to grab at the clothes. She mirrors my actions and it looks hysterical. I really need to get my fiancé to film this, because it does look so ridiculous. She waves those little paws around like they're little hands. She also tries to “hold” my hand when we're walking side-by-side and she'll try to get up on her hind legs. With very little success, I might add.


I fail to see how anyone could be comfortable sleeping in this position, but she does this on the regular. Help. My cat is broken.

All in all, she's a happy creature and she's not that demanding for a cat. We have a hard time finding treats that she'll like. The others will pile into whatever fishy, stinky thing we find for them, but not Allie. She does try to bury her food, though. I thought this was odd, until I looked it up and some cats do have this atavistic trait of trying to bury their food; it's left over from before their domestication, when they had to kill to eat and they would cover the part of the kill they didn't eat for a snack later. Our cats all have their quirks and I'll be telling you about some of the secret things I've found out about cats as we go through our #a-to-z-challenge! I hope everyone is having fun and staying safe!



She has the most bewitching eyes and she looks right at you! <3

2 comments:

Kathe W. said...

Oh my I love this little kitty! Our Lucy ( who is now 9 years old) came to our neighborhood at the age of 6 months aND very feral. We coaxed her into our home and we just think she is great! I am looking forward to following you this A to Z year. I haven't played A to Z since 2016 and I followed you then. HAVE FUN!

ViolaFury said...

Kathe W.

I remember you! Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm so glad you have a kitty to enjoy! My hubby and I have a sort of half-assed "tuxedo rescue" and we have 3 black-and-white tuxedos and one blue-and-white. We scour the shelter pages for them, but they rarely turn up. Allie was our only adoptee, and the second kitten we acquired. Her brother, Eddie was first and was so tiny when we got him; he was a foster, before we just kept him. Glenn, the 3rd black-and-white tuxedo was abandoned in our doorway and he gave both my hubby and I the idea for the "tuxedo rescue". After we decided that we didn't need to go to the asylum, we adopted Misty, the blue-and-white rescue, who is several years older than the three black-and-white cats. They are all at or near one year; she is over a decade old and was just dumped at a no-kill shelter. No matter how they find their way here, they are loved, cosseted and showered with treats and toys (that they mostly ignore) and enjoyed! Thanks again for stopping by, and it's so nice to have you back at the #a-to-z-challenge, Kathe! <3