Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A To Z Challenge Theme Reveal Blogfest #teamDamyanti

             Badge Courtesy of: Samantha Geary-Jones @ writerlysam.wrodpress.com                                                                           


 
I know, I know. It's not #ROW80 and it's not my usual ravings about stupid stuff that goes on here in da 'hood. It's something different; hopefully something with a little class! Even though it's still winter and the Olympics are roaring along in Sochi and I had a 232-page post (just kidding) prepared about life in Russia, that will just have to wait. Something much, much more important is taking place!

Today is the day we announce the Theme Reveal of the AtoZ Challenge that occurs each April. The theme part of the challenge is the brain-child of Mina Lobo who participates each year. Last year was the first year I participated and I enjoyed it so much that when one of the established co-hosts was looking for volunteer-minions I jumped into the breach!

I'm proud to be a member of Damyanti's team and you can find us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/atozchallenge or on Twitter with hashtags #teamDamyanti and #A2ZReveal. 

Be sure and check out the blogs of my fellow minions and my fabulous co-host Damyanti from her main page! If you have any questions or need help cooking up a theme, you can contact any one of us, or be sure and come to me! I am first-rate at whipping up a big batch of confusion. Some of you may remember that I followed myself last year on my own blog, trying to answer one of my commentators.

That was probably the least idiotic thing I did in 2013. But, I digress. The important thing is to join the Challenge at the A-to-Z for 2014 and pick a theme! Write about cats, or cupcakes as my co-minion Csenge did one year. Or not! Write about the letter C, like my friend Gina Valley did, when she couldn't remember the alphabet! I told her the funniest thing I ever saw was the drunk lady on "World's Dumbest Partiers" who sang the Alphabet Song at karaoke, which in itself is pretty stupid, and couldn't get past the letter "A" even when another drunk tried to help her. Hysteria and apoplexy followed, which really helped my parkinsonism! I almost had a stroke and a hernia! Just kidding. 

Anyway, you get the idea. Come on and join in the fun. You don't have to write War and Peace. You can write haiku if it suits u. . . That's bad, even for me. Well, I've been up way too long and it's time to get some sleep. Come and write. Come and read. Come and read and write, but sign up, first, here. You'll get a nifty badge at the end of the Challenge for finishing and feel good about yourself. Trust me.

My fellow minions are: Samantha Geary-Jones, Vidya Sury (who has 2 blogs) Anna Tan, Giulie Castillo-Oriard, Jemima Pett, and our own SteamPunk lady, Csenge Zalka (who also has two blogs!) Along with our intrepid leader, Damyanti, we hope to provide seekers with the very best, or at least non-mediocre ideas for themes, so stop by if you're in a quandary and need some inspiration! And sign up!



7 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this excellent shoutout!

We already have 26 names on the list, and the list has opened only 4 hours ago. So, we're off to a good start-- I hope all AZers with themes come join us for some fun and frolic on the 21st March!

Guilie Castillo said...

Great post, and great shout-out! Glad to be part of this with you, Mary :)

ViolaFury said...

@Damyanti!

Thanks! I was pretty much into the "sleepless delirium" mode when I wrote this, but wanted to get this done, before resting for a few hours. Sometimes, my prose is better that way! Anyway, I'm looking forward to this and I will offer posts with thematic ideas, through Sochi, as I really do have a series of posts to offer up about Russia. The Russians constitute my 2nd largest audience outside the USA. Thanks and much love and excitement! ~~Mary

ViolaFury said...

@Guilie!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I took great pains to spell your name. . . wrong. I am so sorry. I spelled your first name "Giulie" I believe, instead of "Guilie" Gah! I will fix it. I must say, your picture makes me smile; I have seldom seen such unalduterated joy in a human being! So, so very glad to be in this awesome group of women! ~~Mary

Paula said...

I laughed all the way through your post. I am a fist time visitor. But I am sure to be back. This will be my second year with A To Z Blogging. I am excited

ViolaFury said...

@Paula,

Thanks so much for visiting and I'm glad you enjoyed my "humor". Sometimes I think I'm just a one-liner looking for a stage... I had tremendous fun with the A to Z challenge last year and be sure to come by if your short on ideas for a "theme". I'm currently thinking about "My Greatest Botches" A to Z, but 26 letters are too few; my spectacular idiocies and confuse-a-whats cannot be contained to just the alphabet; be warned, I am carrier! ~~ Mary

Unknown said...

Cheers to your excellent post & humor, fellow house elf! Thrilled to be surrounded by such wonderful witty banter:)
Blog: WriterlySam